Sunday, January 25, 2009

My first blog

Ok, so it may not be my first blog. I think I vaguely remember attempting blogging a few years back, when blogs were first getting very popular. But this time I mean to stick with it! I was inspired by this article, recommended by one of my animal science professors: http://www.academicevolution.com/2009/01/dear-students.html
One of his points is that you should keep a blog as part of your "online identity" so that potential employers, professors, etc, will be able to see some of your thoughts, growth, and achievements by going online. No resume necessary! Perhaps in the future resumes will be moot, the author argues, because everything will be documented fully and (hopefully) accurately, online. Here's my start.

School at University of Maryland starts Monday. I am hopeful that I will be a better student this time, and keep up with my reading, therefore doing better in my classes. Last term was a reality check for me. I got a 3.1, where at Oregon State I had a 3.8. I want to try and pull my GPA at least back up to 3.5. That will be tough this term with Organic Chemistry II (plus lab), Calculus II, and Applied Animal Physiology. But I think I'm up for the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment