Wednesday, January 28, 2009

And the saga continues...

I still haven't turned in my English portfolio yet. This time the main reason isn't my procrastination! I had it all ready to turn in, then went to check the website to find the building, and saw this note that said, "Call first before turning in your portfolio." I dialed the number I saw, and discovered that I had done my cover letter all wrong, and needed to include more papers. I called before campus was closed yesterday (as you might recall, at 12:30), and the lady that I talked to said that she would send an email with more information. I didn't get the email, so when I called this afternoon (campus closed until 11 am today... lovely freezing rain), he sent it to me again. Apparently they had the wrong email address (didn't hear the last letter I said *sigh*). I won't get much done on it today since I had classes all afternoon, and my husband and I are going out for dinner tonight. I only have one class tomorrow, though, so I'll have all afternoon to work on it. And really all I have to do is re-write the cover letter (2 - 2 1/2 pages single spaced). The good thing is, I found out that if I turn it in this week, they will work to have a decision on it before the drop date, which was what I was worried about. Yay!

I'm not sure why we're going out for dinner tonight, but I'm not going to complain. We rarely go out, even on the weekends. When he called I was in class (fortunately I remembered to have my phone on vibrate), and when I called him back he asked if I was busy (ie club meetings), then said he was thinking about going out for dinner. He sounded rushed so I didn't ask why. I'll find out when he gets home. Tres excitement!

My husband is leaving on Monday for a 16-day (give or take a couple days for travel) training exercise in South Carolina. He didn't get a choice about when he was leaving, and they only gave him about a week's notice. Usually people know about a month in advance, he told me. This means we'll miss Valentine's Day together. And while I'm not a big fan of Valentine's day because it seems to me to be mostly made-up and too commercialized (like most "Christian" holidays), it's still a nice excuse to do something nice with my honey. We'll do something the weekend after he gets back, maybe. Then the restaurants won't be so crowded! One more reason to be looking forward to dinner tonight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment